Everyone knows the best password is you can’t remember. We need to think up the unique password that cannot be guessed and hacked.
But how do you remember these sets of letters and numbers?
In this article we will consider the top of best open source password managers which save you from trying to remember your password.
- Keeper Password Manager
Keeper is a free, open source and easy-to-use password management solution that allows you to create and store strong passwords, providing protection against cyber threats and password-related data leaks.
- Modern interface with compatible ‘look & feels’ on all desktop
- Offers for personal users, families, students and companies
- Mobile phone platforms includes a beautiful user interface
- prevents ransomware attacks by creating random strong passwords
- Log in to your websites and applications with your fingerprint or face recognition.
But I can mark these disadvantages :
- Keeper include its dark web monitoring feature as standard instead of a paid add-on as is currently the case
- Free version with limited features
Dashlane is a multi-platform manager and password generator. It protects all your passwords, PDF-files and card details using only one password. So you can use them instantly.
- Unlimited VPN
- Generate strong passwords using secure technology with built-in randomness
- Dark web monitoring
- Easy on the eye customs interface
- Autofill the right username and password on every account, every time.
- Limited passwords and cloud storage in the free version
- Free using only on one device
LastPass is the best manager with a wide range of features. Just imagine, it’s a simple security that you can access everywhere!
LastPass becomes more popular among the users because of its convenient and clear platform.
- Unrestricted quantity of passwords
- Only local coding on your device
- Conveniently and safely share passwords and notes with anyone.
- Secure password generator and storage
- Customer support to help you and your needs
- Once you save a password in LastPass, you’ll always have it when you need it; logging in is fast and easy.
Also we found these downsides:
- Latest update broke autofill
- Limited features in free version
Bitwarden is a manager which gained the confidence of 4 millions of users. It provides a 100% unlimited free version and an excellent service that keeps your password secure. Bitwarden makes it easy to generate, store, and secure unique usernames and passwords from any location or device.
- Securely share passwords between teams
- Аccessibility from anywhere, from web browsers and devices.
- Align to the highest security standards with a global community of password security experts and Bitwarden users
- Available customer support
- Unlimited item storage for logins, notes, cards and personal data
- Not recommended for non-technical users
- There is not clear platform for users as other in the list
The greatest manager for IOS and Mac users.
1Password has a simple and clear user interface capable of generating strong passwords not only for personal users, even for teams and families.
- Password manager apps for Mac, Windows, Linux, Android and iOS devices
- Unlimited password storage
- Travel mode for safety moving
- It checks passwords for reliability, compromise or repetition, reports which sites do not use Two-factor authentication
- Available 24/7 email support
- Recover deleted passwords for 365 days
Unfortunately, it has such disadvantages like these:
- Prohibition on the transfer of information to persons who are not users
- Inconvenient autocomplete system
- Old user interface
Passbolt is the open source password manager for team collaboration. More than 10,000 organisations trust Passbolt, including newspapers companies, governments and defence forces.
- The design is simple to install and easy to manage
- Secure, flexible automation ready
- Can be used from your browser or mobile phones
- You can host on your VPS and the password is not stored on the provider’s side